The Florida Botanical Gardens is a Pinellas County Park that inspires and educates visitors by showcasing flora, fauna and natural resources in motivational surroundings that promote environmentally friendly techniques. Centrally located in Pinellas County, the gardens are adjacent to Heritage Village, providing visitors with a one stop location where they can learn about both Florida’s history and its native habitat for plants and wild life. The Park has 18 unique demonstration gardens where visitors can relax and learn.
The Florida Botanical Gardens Foundation (FBGF) is a local, non-governmental, not-for-profit organization funded by private philanthropic gifts. The Foundation focuses on maintaining, enhancing and preserving this cultural asset through conservation, planning, education, preservation, advocacy, restoration, and stewardship.
FBGF strives to
- Create, sustain and grow a world-class botanical garden
- Protect the environment and instill an appreciation for future generations
- Help ensure public accessibility to activities and to the gardens
- Provide a peaceful oasis for residents and visitors
- Partner with Pinellas County Parks Department, the Pinellas County Extension and our community to help the Gardens inspire and educate visitors by showcasing flora, fauna and natural resources in surroundings that motivate the visitor to practice environmentally sustainable techniques.